COVID-19 Resource Center
At ArrowStream, we are committed to helping reduce the potential impact to the restaurant chain industry caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
As your foodservice supply chain partner, our dedicated teams are monitoring and analyzing the impact to our industry, and will continue to send updates and resources to our customers and network on a regular basis while our industry remains affected.
We are also actively assisting customers in utilizing supply chain visibility to get ahead of possible issues, and encourage anyone to contact us for any assistance you might need in this area.
This webinar series follows the foodservice industry's path to recovery from COVID-19 and includes viewpoints from foodservice supply chain professionals. The next Town Hall will be announced soon.
Watch Past COVID-19 Town Halls
Panelists: FTI Consulting (co-host & moderator), Texas Agriculture Commissioner, Indiana Director of Agriculture, Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner
Panelists: Shake Shack, ARCOP (Arby's), George's, Inc. and Performance Food Group (PFG)
Panelists: Coffee & Bagel Brands, FPL Foods, Upper Lakes Foods and Bloomberg Intelligence
If you would like to discuss COVID-19 disruptions to the foodservice industry and supply chain, please schedule a call with ArrowStream's chief economist, David Maloni.
COVID-19 State Ranking Model Indicates Restaurant Openings & the Return of the Consumer
(Updated as of July 14)
When and where will the recovery from COVID-19 start? ArrowStream is leveraging data to give the industry direction.
State authorities closed the restaurants and should lead the open, signaling that the consumer return will be regional. Given this, we’ve been monitoring the states that are faring the best with COVID-19 in a new model so the industry can anticipate the restart.
ArrowStream's COVID-19 State Ranking Model measures each states' coronavirus response and risk suggesting the potential of where restaurants could return to a closer-to-normal business environment first and provide clues into supply chain disruption. Several variables are considered to make up the top 20 rankings and we will update the model on a weekly basis given how quickly the landscape is changing. Access the most recent COVID-19 State Ranking Model here.
David Maloni from ArrowStream explains in the below video more details on how to use and read the model:
Weekly Restaurant Purchasing Trends
(Updated as of July 14)
As restaurant chains look to monitor their supply chain operations during COVID-19, purchasing teams can use ArrowStream’s Restaurant Purchasing Trends to compare their data to a benchmark representing 80 restaurant chain operators selected from the overall ArrowStream network.
Looking at some of the top purchasing categories during the current environment, our data trends show the weekly total purchases by product category across ArrowStream’s restaurant chain network.
We will update these trends on a weekly basis and as the restaurant landscape changes, we will also add new categories. View the most recent Restaurant Purchasing Trends here.
Cleaning & Packaging Supplier List
During this time, restaurant operators are seeking suppliers for critical items such as cleansers and cleaning supplies, as well as take-out packaging to support a focus on drive-thru and carryout business.
We have tapped into our Supplier Discovery database to produce a downloadable list of the suppliers in our network who may be able to provide operators the product they need to support their operations.
Our list includes suppliers who may be able to offer:
- Hand sanitizer
- Bleach & disinfectants
- Disposable gloves
- Face masks
- Take out containers & bags
- And more
Download our Cleaning & Packaging Supplier List
Market Intelligence, Articles & Podcasts
- USDA Boosts Protein Supply Forecasts | ArrowStream Blog, July 14
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | July 14
- Restaurant Recovery Faces Additional Obstacles | ArrowStream Blog, July 7
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | July 7
- California Shuts Restaurant Dining Rooms in 19 Counties, Michigan Closes Bars | Restaurant Business, July 1
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | June 30
- States Limit Hospitality Industry Operations as COVID Cases Rise | ArrowStream Blog, June 29
- A QSR's Strategy to Overcome Supply Chain Inventory Challenges During COVID-19
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | June 23
- Restaurants Recovering Slower Than Other Retail Segments | ArrowStream Blog, June 22
- How Sustainable Food Chains Thrive Amid Global Pandemic | Food Logistics, June 17
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | June 16
- COVID-19 Cases Rise in Three of the Largest Restaurant States | ArrowStream Blog, June 15
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | June 9
- Protein Supply Improves | ArrowStream Blog, June 8
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | June 2
- Holy Cow! Restaurant Supply Chains Post-COVID-19 | Give an Ovation Podcast with Zack Oates, May 21
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | May 26
- April Restaurant Sales Tell Another Story from Long-Term Trends | ArrowStream Blog, May 22
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | May 18
- ArrowStream Announces Inventory QuickStart as Critical Supply Management Strategy for Operators | May 14
- How is the Pandemic Affecting Food Supply? | Restaurant Business Podcast "A Deeper Dive", May 13
- U.S. Pork Exports to China Soar Amid Meat Shortage | CNBC, May 11
- Foodservice Saw Largest One-Month Job Loss in April | ArrowStream Blog, May 11
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | May 11
- Some Wendy's are Running Out of Burgers and Pulling Menu Items as America Faces an Unprecedented Beef Shortage | Business Insider, May 5
- Restaurant Dine-In Re-Opening | ArrowStream Blog, May 4
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | May 4
- For Some Chains Supplies of Fresh Ground Beef Shrink And Prices Soar | Restaurant Business, May 1
- Battered U.S. Restaurants Prep for Pricier Beef, Supply Squeeze | Bloomberg, April 28
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | April 27
- COVID-19's Historic Protein Supply Decline | ArrowStream Blog, April 23
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | April 20
- Farmers Find Ways to Cope with Milk Prices Down 40% This Year | MarketWatch, April 18
- Milk Prices Have Fallen. Pizza, Cheese & China All Played a Part | MarketWatch, April 17
- The New Abnormal: How the Restaurant Industry Will be Changed by Coronavirus | Nation's Restaurant News, April 15
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | April 13
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | April 3
- Food Markets Reacting to COVID-19 | ArrowStream Blog, April 2
- What to Know About Supply Chain During Coronavirus | QSR Magazine Fast Forward Podcast, March 23
- Restaurants the Third Largest Share of Retail Sales on Record: Shows Greater COVID-19 Impact | ArrowStream Blog, March 23
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | March 20
- Leisure & Hospitality is the Fifth Largest Employer: Restaurant Bailout Makes Sense | ArrowStream Blog, March 18
- A COVID-19 Cure for Restaurants: Reaching Older Diners | FSR Magazine, March 17
- COVID-19 Impact: 17% of Restaurant Sales Dependent on Most At-Risk Adults | ArrowStream Blog, March 16
- ArrowStream Commodity Price Trends | March 13
- COVID-19 Continues to Cause Market Volatility for Foodservice Commodities | ArrowStream Blog, March 12
- Coronavirus Starts to Impact Restaurant Consumers | ArrowStream Blog, March 5
- Is the Restaurant Industry Recession Proof? | ArrowStream Blog, March 4
Speciality Dashboards & Reporting
Our agile process and remote workforce ensures that our technology development is not disrupted in times of urgency. As impacts to your supply chain evolve, our product team has developed, and will continue to develop, additional specialized dashboard reports to help our customers more easily manage operations and quickly address new questions or issues. Login to use COVID-19 dashboards.
Customer Support & Training
As always, our customer success team is fully staffed and readily available to help. In addition to the regular day-to-day virtual support we offer, customers can also expect ongoing communication for specialized training resources to address issues brought on by COVID-19, such as managing inventory and DC POs.
Ongoing communication to customers will address details on our virtual support and training resources in our online Knowledge Center. Please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.